My favorite foods come in bowls and are eaten with a spoon! Once mid September hits, my kids know it’s Soup Season, and more days than not we have a hearty pot of something simmering on the stove filling our kitchen with mouthwatering smells.
One particular favorite recipe of ours is for Beefy Noodle Soup. It’s hearty, delicious, and extremely easy to make, so it makes an ideal camping recipe to try when you head out in your new or used RV. And because you can make it in your slow cooker, it keeps prep and assembly dishes to a minimum.
Beefy Noodle Soup
- 3 lb beef chuck roast
- 1 26-oz Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 32-oz beef broth
- 1 packet Beefy Onion soup mix
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 package egg noodles
Tools you’ll need:
- Slow cooker (and slow cooker liner for quick and easy clean up)
- Can opener
- Large bowl
- Place beef roast in slow cooker.
- Combine soup, soup mix, garlic, and half of broth (just one carton) in a large bowl. Whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Pour mixture over roast in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on high heat.
- Uncover, and shred meat with a fork.
- Add in entire package of egg noodles and the remaining carton of beef broth.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for one hour.
This beefy noodle soup is quick and easy, which is exactly what you need while you’re on the road. And it’s so hearty and filling – the perfect hot meal for chilly nights! Your family will ask for this one again and again, and you’ll be happy to make it because it’s so easy to whip up.